The way most content management systems work is that they use plugins to add in great features that were not built in. This establishes 3rd party integration and helps out the end user (ie. You!). Here is a list of my favorite WordPress Plugins.
- All in One WordPress Security. This is by far up there in my list of favorite plugins. Top features of this plugin include captcha, failed login attempts counter, a basic firewall, it monitors filesystem changes and my personal favorite; the login panel change. Instead of wp-admin (which gets brute forced a ton). You can change it to whatever you would like.
- SEO by Yoast. This does all titles and metas and all that crazy stuff!
- Jetpack. Jetpack is the official integration in between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. The commenting system, sharing, widgets and all of that. I totally love this plugin!
- All 404 Redirects to Homepage. This is a life saver to remove Google Analytics errors from your analytic dashboard.
- Google Analytics by Monster Insights. This adds in the code for Google Analytics so you don’t have to and monitors for major errors.
- WP Smush. WP Smush is a plugin that I use to compress images so they load faster on my website. Pretty awesome actually.
These are my favorites but there are certainly millions of other super cool plugins. Seriously check them out.
Hope you enjoy!