YouTube acts as a major intersection for nearly all of the videos on the internet. According to YouTube every minute there are 300 hours of video uploaded every single minute. That is insane! For the video hobbyist here is a tutorial on how to record the screen of an iPhone or iPad off a Mac.
What you’ll need:
- iPhone or iPad
- Lighting Cable
- 5 Minutes of Your Time
Screen Recording on iPhone/iPad
- Connect your iPhone via a Lighting Cable.
- Open up QuickTime Player
- Go to File -> New Movie Recording.
- Select the Device (It will default over to your Mac’s camera). This will be by a drop down by the record button.
- Hit Record.
- When you are finished click the record button again and a dialog will pop up asking you where you would like to save the file.
Words of Wisdom
- Use a video editor to edit these files to your choosing. I would recommend iMovie since it is free and simple.
- Remember to throw in some music (if posting to YouTube check on copyright music)
- If you switch the portrait orientation it may potentially crash the recording.
Below are some videos I have taken with my iPad and iPhone.
iPhone Screen Recording
iPad Screen Recording
Have a wonderful day!